Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

We began Mother's Day with food, and there is hardly a better way to start than that! AND, this was food I didn't prepare! Though Hubby cooks a yummy breakfast, and Kylen is an aspiring chef, this meal didn't come from them. I was treated to a marvelous ballroom brunch buffet! So many things to choose from, I didn't know where to start! Tables and tables with breakfast dishes, salads, carved meats, appetizers, fruit . . .
The baked salmon was melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious!
Desserts! All kinds! Big and small! Cakes, tarts, eclairs! I was over-whelmed!

Then we did this:

I'm still sore today! After picking out plants (including a Japanese maple, as you can see in our trailer above), we came home and did a tremendous amount of yard work. One of the few really nice days we've had since winter, and I wanted to make the most of it! We cleaned out the garden beds and added more dirt to them, pulled weeds, spread new bark, and savored the sunshine!

Our tree finally has leaves!

I prepared a new pork chop recipe for dinner that turned out delicious. At the end of it all were two wonderful cards from my boys. It was grand!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Sounds like a great day was had by all. It has rained in our area almost everyday this year. Ugh! So much for any kind of yard work.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Is that a Japanese maple we have in our front yard? I think it's some kind of maple. But the leaves stay reddish... they don't ever turn completely green.

Kelli said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Farrah!
Hugs,
Kelli