Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Game Night

The second event we attended at Karla's was a Christmas game night.  Everyone brought appetizers  and presents for a white elephant gift exchange.  We made shrimp dip and sugar coated pecans (recipes coming soon!).  For the gift exchange, our offerings were "duck tape" in candy cane stripes, a shoulder buddy, and mini flashlight/laser combo - all items under $5 found at Wal-mart.


 

 
After food and gifts, a couple of adults chatted, the kids headed downstairs for video games, and most played Apples to Apples . . .




Everyone had a card but me for a LOoOoONG time, so I finally let Greg take my place.  He was able to nab two, a far cry from the 10 or more some held, but better than nada!  He's wearing his "Lighting Engineer" shirt, which I gave him right before he put up our outside Christmas lights.  How do you like his full beard?  This is a new thing he's trying.  I don't much care for it, but I guess it's a great way to keep his face warm during winter!
 
We had a fine time and appreciated getting together with such a nice bunch of people.  Much thanks to Karla and her girls for all the work they put into hosting!  =)

4 comments:

Jan said...

Great photos! You are always so good at that! It WAS a very fun evening!

Farrah said...

Thank you for stopping by, Jan! It was great seeing you, and I'm amazed at how photogenic you are! Seems like all the pictures of you turn out great! =)

katrina said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Gregs shirt is perfect and his beard isn't bad at all, looks well kept! Some get so scraggly. I am having a blast, curled up with a cuppa tea getting caught up on your blog :)LOVE when you post!!

Farrah said...

Aw, thanks, Katrina! :-) Greg said he didn't know I didn't care for his beard until he read my blog. Poor thing! I told him it's fine so long as it comes off in the spring. Guess I'm just not a beard/mountain man kind of person. Lol!