Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Birthday!

My birthday was last Friday! I am extremely blessed with an amazing husband, but he will be the first to admit that planning special days isn't his strength. I usually tell him and Kylen when to buy my card and make a "wish list" of ideas. Basically, I do anything I can to help him out! Lol! So it was that much more special when he surprised me. First, I got up Friday morning to find my presents already wrapped and a card waiting. A couple more cards were added later. The extra card ended up having a picture of Gollum and sound - YUCK!!!! They know I can't stand that character and got a great laugh. I received "Happy Birthday" calls and cards in the mail, which always make the day feel special.

But that wasn't all!

Sunday after church, we attended the Belize mission trip potluck. I noticed Greg kept checking his watch and seemed in a hurry to leave. He decided not to stop by Costco on the way home, as we had originally planned. I thought maybe our friends were going to host something at their house, but we drove all the way home (except a short detour for a latte). Greg has been having problems with the garage door opener for several weeks, sometimes needing to press the button repeatedly before getting a response. It didn't work at all this time. I even tried it! (He'd removed the battery!) So instead of driving into the garage, we entered through the front door. As soon as I turned on the light, a balloon rose in the air, and our friends yelled, "Surprise!" It startled me, and I actually screamed! Lol! They had set up a little treasure hunt around our house with LOTS of candy along the way and presented me with a gift card. It was so cool!!!  Greg even ordered an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. We had a wonderful time playing Quelf, and there were enough leftovers in the fridge for  dinner.  It was one of my best birthdays ever!

Sweet Gift from Hubby

One clue was in the crock pot!

Another was in our printer!  Lol!

The Cake from DQ: Turtle Pie Style

Quelf

The zany atmosphere from Quelf put me in the mood to draw something funny on a balloon.  The first thing I thought of was Balloony from Phineas and Ferb.  Greg made a great copy!  Unfortunately, it sort of creeped us all out, and I ended up shutting him in the bedroom!  Probably wouldn't do that again!
 


1 comments:

katrina said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day being loved on!