Monday, March 31, 2014

March Update

I haven't posted in awhile!  March revolved around my new diet, preparing for my chocolate class, and working on our co-op yearbook.  Then there were the usual things like homeschooling, housecleaning, and life!  I feel bad that we didn't have company over more, but I was adjusting to a major lifestyle change.  We did manage to have my brother and two nephews last Saturday, but other than that, our company has been sparse.

My Health
I am more comfortable with a restricted diet and have discovered a few new recipes that I actually love.  I'll try to share them soon.  I have begun reintroducing foods with little adverse effect.  Moderation will probably be key.  It appears that I will be able to control my arthritis this way.  My only uncomfortable symptom is that my feet hurt more when we leave the house.  At home, I am in slippers on carpet, which provides adequate padding for my arthritic feet.  When we go into town, I'm wearing boots with less padding and walking on hard surfaces.  But I feel this is a small price to pay for feeling good every other way and being medication free.

Homeschooling
Homeschooling is going well.  Some days we have a lighter schedule, but no matter what, I am making Algebra top priority.  It is definitely Kylen's hardest subject.  His last violin session was a coffee shop concert on St. Patrick's Day.  Any further progress he makes on that instrument will be self-taught.  He will continue to have piano lessons until summer.  German and our state studies are going well.  We should complete our history read-alouds and Greek/Latin roots early.

Church
We stopped attending our church before Christmas, not for anything bad that happened.  We just could not seem to find our niche there.  For several Sundays, we have been listening to online messages by Francis Chan (Thank you, Katrina!!), which usually run about an hour each.  I've been very spiritually moved by his sermons.  His "give it all" style has convicted me.  I like his humility, sense of humor, love for Jesus, and the incredible stories about his life.  We've been listening on youtube.

Well, that's what's been going on with us.  Nothing too exciting!  I probably won't be very active for the next two months, as our co-op just started back up.  My chocolate class and the yearbook are going to keep me pretty busy, but I'll try to drop in from time to time.  :-)

2 comments:

Kris said...

I was wondering why you hadn't posted for a while! Glad you're doing ok. I

katrina said...

Thought I had commented on this post! I really enjoy your updates! Fun that you are listening to Francis Chan...we sure enjoy his messages and get a lot out of them!